Drama Discovery 5 - 10 yrs - Home School Students - TRIAL CLASS
Drama develops confident, creative young people.
This is a great introduction to the foundations of theatre and drama training. Students are introduced to the basics of voice and movement, developing skills for the stage, and confidence to clearly express themselves.
MSTYP’s drama exercises and games are designed to build creative problem solving skills and unlock their inherent creativity. Through Drama students develop a deeper understanding of the world, and of themselves; as well as build foundations for performance.
For the Hills District Home Education Network - all home schoolers welcome to join!
Location Pennant Hills Community Centre (in Pennant Hills Library)
Day 12:30 - 2pm on Tuesday 20th October for a Trial Class, and then on Tuesdays for 8 weeks if everyone wants to go ahead and we get the numbers
Students 5 to 10 years, primary school aged
Fees for an 8 week term are $195 for a 1.5hr drama class. After the trial, if you want to continue we will then send a payment request for the remaining fees ($195 - $25 = $170).
This class accepts Creative Kids Vouchers – put the voucher in the enrolment form and reduce the price by $100. (No Active Kids Vouchers accepted.)
Each term this class works on a drama module. A certificate is presented at the end of Term 4, as proof of completion.
The class includes:
• a vocal and physical warm-up.
• vocal exercises in projection, clarity and diction
• movement skills for physical expression
• relaxation, breathing, focus and communication skill building
• storytelling and performance – creative and problem-solving skills are developed and students learn the basics of how to tell a story on stage.
This class does not develop a performance for the end of the year, however students will be invited to be involved in performance opportunities throughout the year.
What to bring
1) comfortable clothing (including your MSTYP shirt once you have it)
2) pencil and paper
3) a bottle of water
As this is a new class, to go ahead we need a minimum of 6 students. If it can’t go ahead due to numbers, students will be offered a full refund.
2020 MSTYP shirt for new students - wear it to class!
This is an excellent class for new students, and those with no experience to join. We encourage joining at the beginning of the term.
Please get in contact if you need more information! We love speaking to new families: 9880 2356 or email@example.com
What about the Coronavirus?
MSTYP is committed to providing the safest environment for students, staff and families. Measures include
• Anyone on site required to adhere to social distancing, including in class
• Increased the cleaning
• All students must wash their hands before and after class and hand sanitiser will be provided
• We are strictly following advice from the government during this time.
Should it be advisable that the classes do not take place face-to-face then we will provide options of:
• an equivalent online course (and refund the difference in cost)
• a swap to classes/workshops later in the year, or
• a refund.
- Marian St Theatre for Young People