Drama Discovery 9-12's ONLINE Saturdays
Drama develops confident, creative young people!
In this class, children build vocal skills, physical expression and imagination through the weekly online sessions – and have lots of fun working together. Vocal and physical communication is developed so our young people can be seen and heard clearly on the stage. Students also work in groups or pairs to create devised theatre pieces and present them back to the class. These can often be fun and quirky, or more serious pieces – depending on the children’s imaginations! Each class begins with a vocal and physical warm-up.
Due to the success of our online program in Term 2, we’re bringing back online drama as an ongoing class.
Time: 10.45am - 12.15pm Saturdays
Location: Online - interactive and live streamed for max 12 students.
Students: 9-12 years old
Cost: $195 per child (NSW students: use your Creative Kids Voucher and the price for the term is $95!)
Each term this class works on two modules; an drama module, and a skills based module.
The class includes
• Vocal exercises in projection, clarity and diction
• Movement skills for physical expression
• Exercises in relaxation and breathing
• Focus and communication – preparing students for improvisation and the ability to present theatrical work with power and clarity
• Stage techniques – the basics needed to be seen and heard on stage
• Play production – creative and problem-solving skills are developed. Sometimes this class touches on script-work
Bonus – siblings for free!
So long as siblings are in the same age bracket for the class (and use the same device), they can join for free.
Just make a note in the enrolment form if you have a sibling joining. For online classes only.
View the FAQ’s about our Online Classes here.
- What Software will you use? How do I know if it will work?
- Are online classes safe?
- Where can we participate from?
- We have NSW Creative Kids Voucher – can we use it? (Yes!)
- My child is very shy – will they be ok doing drama?
And many more!
For any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in contact – we love speaking to new parents! 02 9880 2356
(If we’re not there, please do just leave us a message. We’re a small office, and will get back to you shortly.)
- Marian St Theatre for Young People