Drama Express 5 - 8 yrs ONLINE Saturdays
Drama develops confident, creative young people.
Designed for those who want to get a taste of drama, this online weekend class is a great introduction to the foundations of performing and drama. Students are introduced to the basics of voice and movement, developing skills for the stage, and confidence to clearly express themselves.
MSTYP’s drama exercises and games are designed to build creative problem solving skills and unlock their inherent creativity. Through Drama students develop a deeper understanding of the world, and of themselves; as well as build foundations for performance.
Due to the success of our online classes in Term 2, we are now offering some classes online as an ongoing program.
TIME Saturdays 9:30am - 10:30am
LOCATION Online - interactive and live streamed for max 12 students.
AGE 5 – 8 years old (school years K – 3)
This class accepts Creative Kids Vouchers – put the voucher in the enrolment form and reduce the price by $100. (No Active Kids Vouchers accepted.)
Each term this class works on a drama module.
The class includes:
• 8 weeks of classes
• a vocal and physical warm-up.
• vocal exercises in projection, clarity and diction
• movement skills for physical expression
• relaxation, breathing, focus and communication skill building
• storytelling and performance – creative and problem-solving skills are developed and students learn the basics of how to tell a story on stage.
This class does not develop a performance for the end of the year, however students will be invited to be involved in performance opportunities throughout the year.
Bonus – siblings for free!
So long as siblings are in the same age bracket for the class (and use the same device), they can join for free.
Just make a note in the enrolment form if you have a sibling joining. For online classes only.
View the FAQ’s about our Online Classes here.
- What Software will you use? How do I know if it will work?
- Are online classes safe?
- Where can we participate from?
- We have NSW Creative Kids Voucher – can we use it? (Yes!)
- My child is very shy – will they be ok doing drama?
And many more!
For any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in contact – we love speaking to new parents! 02 9880 2356
(If we’re not there, please do just leave us a message. We’re a small office, and will get back to you shortly.)
- Marian St Theatre for Young People