Intermediate Drama 13-16's SATURDAYS
Creative thinking, emotional resilience and confidence – these are skills for life!
Ideal for teenagers looking for a creative outlet on the weekend, most students will already have some experience with drama. This class helps young people gain knowledge into the disciplines of theatre making techniques and conventions, as well as practical skills in performance.
TIME 3.30 - 5.30pm
LOCATION St Martins Anglican Church - Killara
AGE 13 – 16 years old (school years 8 – 10)
This class accepts Creative Kids Vouchers – put the voucher in the enrolment form and reduce the price by $100. (No Active Kids Vouchers accepted.)
Each term this class works on two modules; an drama module, and a skills based module. A certificate is presented at the end of Term 4, as proof of completion.
The class includes
• Improvisation –Tutors will often introduce students to ‘Theatre Sports’ exercises, and develop more advanced improvisations with students
• Devised Theatre – different ways of making theatre and working as part of a group
• Utilising the performance space to create interesting, dynamic prepared performances
• Collaboration – different ways of working together in a group to develop performance
• Scripted work – the disciplines of scripted work including how to approach scripts
• Play production – creative problem solving to produce work on stage, as well as basic elements of costuming and set
Drama can also be a great way to find your tribe of other like-minded young people. The class is limited to 16 students.
This class develops a performance piece in the last term of the year to be performed for family and friends. This is performed within class time.
Auditions for MSTYP Theatre Productions
We invite all students over 12 years to audition for our Mainstage Theatre productions.
What to bring
1) comfortable clothing (including your MSTYP shirt once you have it)
2) pencil and paper
3) towel (for floor exercises)
4) a bottle of water
2020 MSTYP shirt for new students.
Friday Night Youth Theatre Club
Find out more here.
Only $150 for Drama Members - discount code included in confirmation email.
We have a welcoming environment for new students, and encourage joining at the beginning of the term.
Please get in contact if you need more information! We love speaking to new families: 9880 2356 or email@example.com
What about the Coronavirus?
MSTYP is committed to providing the safest environment for students, staff and families. Measures include
• Anyone on site required to adhere to social distancing, including in class
• Increased the cleaning
• All students must wash their hands before and after class and hand sanitiser will be provided
• We are strictly following advice from the government during this time.
Should it be advisable that the classes do not take place face-to-face then we will provide options of:
• an equivalent online course (and refund the difference in cost)
• a swap to classes/workshops later in the year, or
• a refund.
- Marian St Theatre for Young People