SING, DANCE AND ACT! Musical Theatre 13 – 16’s TUESDAYS
You love Musical Theatre. Tell a story through song, dance and scene!
In this class, students build singing and speaking vocal skills, dance and physical expression, as well as acting techniques through the weekly classes – and have lots of fun working together! Students work on a variety of excerpts from well-known musicals, and present these in their own unique style.
Some students will already have some experience in drama, singing or dancing. However, no experience is necessary to join the class – just a willingness to give it a go and have fun!
TIME 5:45 - 7:45pm
LOCATION St Martin’s Church Hall, Killara
AGE 13 – 16 years old (school years 7 – 10)
This class accepts Creative Kids Vouchers – put the voucher in the enrolment form and reduce the price by $100. (No Active Kids Vouchers accepted.) A certificate is presented at the end of Term 4, as proof of completion.
The class includes:
• Singing and Song interpretation (you do not need to be able to read sheet music)
• Dance and movement for music theatre
• Exercises in relaxation and breathing
• Stage craft – the basics needed to be seen and heard on stage
• Play production and script work– creative and problem-solving skills are developed.
• Drama can also be a great way to develop confidence and creativity with other, like-minded children.
This class develops a performance piece in the last term of the year to be performed for family and friends. This is performed within class time.
2020 MSTYP shirt for new students - wear it to class!
What to bring
1) comfortable clothing (including your MSTYP shirt once you have it)
2) pencil and paper
3) towel (for floor exercises)
4) a bottle of water
Auditions for MSTYP Theatre Productions
We invite all students over 12 years to audition for our Mainstage Theatre productions.
Friday Night Youth Theatre Club
Find out more here.
Only $150 for Drama Members - discount code included in confirmation email.
We have a welcoming environment for new students, and encourage joining at the beginning of the term.
Please get in contact if you need more information! We love speaking to new families: 9880 2356 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What about the Coronavirus?
MSTYP is committed to providing the safest environment for students, staff and families. Measures include
• Anyone on site required to adhere to social distancing, including in class
• Increased the cleaning
• All students must wash their hands before and after class and hand sanitiser will be provided
• We are strictly following advice from the government during this time.
Should it be advisable that the classes do not take place face-to-face then we will provide options of:
• an equivalent online course (and refund the difference in cost)
• a swap to classes/workshops later in the year, or
• a refund.
- Marian St Theatre for Young People