Advanced Drama – Acting 14 – 18 years MONDAYS
Acting is your profession. Now is the time to hone your performance skills.
Our Advanced Drama Acting class is for young people serious about becoming performers, love being on the stage and want to develop more advanced skills with other like-minded young people. Many students in this class have performed in a number of MSTYP’s mainstage works. We welcome new students into this class who are also experienced, and are seriously contemplating a career as a performer.
TIME 6:30 - 8.30pm Mondays
LOCATION St Martin’s Church Hall, Killara
AGE 14 – 18 years old (school years 9 – 12)
This class accepts Creative Kids Vouchers – put the voucher in the enrolment form and reduce the price by $100. (No Active Kids Vouchers accepted.)
Each term this class works on two modules; an drama module, and a skills based module. A certificate is presented at the end of Term 4, as proof of completion.
In this class, students:
• Develop vocal techniques, including resonance, clarity, diction and work towards vocal and physical characterisation
• Advanced improvisation
• Devised theatre – different ways of making theatre and working in a group, as well as utilising the performance space to create interesting, dynamic prepared performances
• Collaboration – different ways of working together in a group to develop performance
• Explore different theatre traditions and forms
• Physical characterisation technique – a variety of different movement disciplines incorporating Laban
• Stage and theatre techniques such as working with levels on stage
• Experience in performing beyond drama classes
• A commitment and love of the performing arts
• Some knowledge to theatre history and conventions
Drama can also be a great way to find your tribe of other like-minded young people and the class is limited to 16 students.
This class develops a performance piece in the last term of the year to be performed for family and friends within class time.
What to bring
1) comfortable clothing (including your MSTYP shirt once you have it)
2) pencil and paper
3) towel (for floor exercises)
4) a bottle of water
Auditions for MSTYP Theatre Productions
We invite all students over 12 years to audition for our main-stage theatre productions.
2020 MSTYP shirt for new students - wear them to class!
Friday Night Youth Theatre Club
Find out more here.
Only $150 for Drama Members - discount code included in confirmation email.
We have a welcoming environment for new students, and encourage joining at the beginning of the term.
Please get in contact if you need more information! We love speaking to new families: 9880 2356 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What about the Coronavirus?
MSTYP is committed to providing the safest environment for students, staff and families. Measures include
• Anyone on site required to adhere to social distancing, including in class
• Increased the cleaning
• All students must wash their hands before and after class and hand sanitiser will be provided
• We are strictly following advice from the government during this time.
Should it be advisable that the classes do not take place face-to-face then we will provide options of:
• an equivalent online course (and refund the difference in cost)
• a swap to classes/workshops later in the year, or
• a refund.
- Marian St Theatre for Young People