Accessible Drama 18+ MONDAYS
An accessible drama class for up to 12 young people aged 18+ with an intellectual disability. Participating with others in fun, inclusive and creative environment with drama exercises and improvisation games to give young people an outlet for their creative expression, build confidence and develop communication skills. The course will culminate in a short performance for family and friends at the year’s end.
TIME 4:15 - 5:45pm Mondays
LOCATION St John’s Church Hall, Gordon
Each term this class works on two modules; an drama module, and a skills based module. A certificate is presented at the end of Term 4, as proof of completion.
What to bring
1) comfortable clothing (including your MSTYP shirt)
2) pencil and paper
3) towel (for floor exercises)
4) a bottle of water
2020 MSTYP shirt for new students - wear it to class!
We welcome new students into the accessible class, however the class does not accept new students online, only returning students re-enrolling into the same class. This is a specialised class, therefore new enrolments need to be carefully managed. New students must speak to staff members before enrolling: 9880 2356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you back.
What about the Coronavirus?
MSTYP is committed to providing the safest environment for students, staff and families. Measures include
• Anyone on site required to adhere to social distancing, including in class
• Increased the cleaning
• All students must wash their hands before and after class and hand sanitiser will be provided
• We are strictly following advice from the government during this time.
Should it be advisable that the classes do not take place face-to-face then we will provide options of:
• an equivalent online course (and refund the difference in cost)
• a swap to classes/workshops later in the year, or
• a refund.
- Marian St Theatre for Young People