Advanced Drama 9 – 12’s MONDAYS
Been doing drama for some time, and just love it? Want to develop your performance skills with like-minded others?
Our Junior Advanced Drama class is for young people with experience in drama. Many students in this class aspire to perform in the Children’s Theatre productions, and wish to develop the skills needed to take on roles on MSTYP’s main-stage productions.
TIME 4.15 - 5.45 Mondays
LOCATION Gordon Library
AGE 9 – 12 years old (school years 4 – 6)
This class accepts Creative Kids Vouchers – put the voucher in the enrolment form and reduce the price by $100. (No Active Kids Vouchers accepted.)
Each term this class works on two modules; an drama module, and a skills based module. A certificate is presented at the end of Term 4, as proof of completion.
In this class, students:
• Develop vocal techniques, including resonance, clarity, diction and work towards vocal and physical characterisation.
• Devised theatre – different ways of making theatre and working in a group, as well as utilising the performance space to create interesting, dynamic prepared performances
• Collaborate with others in the group to develop performances
• Bring scripts to life on stage
• Explore different theatre traditions and forms
• Develop Physical characterisation techniques
The class is limited to 16 students – we believe small classes are the best way to learn drama!
This class develops a performance piece in the last term of the year to be performed for family and friends within class time.
What to bring
1) comfortable clothing (including your MSTYP shirt once you have it)
2) pencil and paper
3) towel (for floor exercises)
4) a bottle of water
Auditions for MSTYP Theatre Productions
We invite all students over 12 years to audition for our Mainstage Theatre productions.
2020 MSTYP shirt for new students - wear it to class!
We have a welcoming environment for new students, and encourage joining at the beginning of the term.
Please get in contact if you need more information! We love speaking to new families: 9880 2356 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What about the Coronavirus?
MSTYP is committed to providing the safest environment for students, staff and families. Measures include
• Anyone on site required to adhere to social distancing, including in class
• Increased the cleaning
• All students must wash their hands before and after class and hand sanitiser will be provided
• We are strictly following advice from the government during this time.
Should it be advisable that the classes do not take place face-to-face then we will provide options of:
• an equivalent online course (and refund the difference in cost)
• a swap to classes/workshops later in the year, or
• a refund.
- Marian St Theatre for Young People