Drama Discovery 7-9's MONDAYS
Drama is for life. In this class, our young students go on a Drama Discovery journey.
Students develop confidence in relating to others as they work together in both groups and pairs to develop performance pieces and participate in drama exercises. Here they learn how to express ideas and feelings through their voice and movement. Vocal clarity and motor skills are developed through mime and theatre games – often what appears to be a simple game is teaching the basics of theatre and performance.
Students at this age are introduced to improvisation – the art of not knowing what’s going to happen next on stage! This is a lot of fun and develops performance skills.
TIME 4.15 - 5.45 Mondays
LOCATION St John’s Church Hall
AGE 7 – 9 years old (school years 2 – 4)
This class accepts Creative Kids Vouchers – put the voucher in the enrolment form and reduce the price by $100. (No Active Kids Vouchers accepted.)
Each term this class works on two modules; an drama module, and a skills based module. A certificate is presented at the end of Term 4, as proof of completion.
The class includes:
• Vocal exercises to develop projection and clarity
• Physical movement for creative expression
• Character development
• Focus and relaxation exercises
• Preparing devised group work
• Introductory mime skills
• Theatre games to introduce them to the foundations of performance
The class is limited to 16 students. We believe small classes help create a quality learning environment.
This class develops a short, informal performance piece in the last term of the year for family and friends. This is performed within class time.
What to bring
1) comfortable clothing (including your MSTYP shirt once you have it)
2) pencil and paper
3) towel (for floor exercises)
4) a bottle of water
2020 MSTYP shirt included for new students - wear it to class!
We have a welcoming environment for new students, and encourage joining at the beginning of the term.
Please get in contact if you need more information! We love speaking to new families: 9880 2356 or email@example.com
What about the Coronavirus?
MSTYP is committed to providing the safest environment for students, staff and families. Measures include
• Anyone on site required to adhere to social distancing, including in class
• Increased the cleaning
• All students must wash their hands before and after class and hand sanitiser will be provided
• We are strictly following advice from the government during this time.
Should it be advisable that the classes do not take place face-to-face then we will provide options of:
• an equivalent online course (and refund the difference in cost)
• a swap to classes/workshops later in the year, or
• a refund.
- Marian St Theatre for Young People